Note: This also applies to on-premise versions of SharePoint (probably — I didn’t test them all), although the PowerShell used to export list data would be different in that case. Consider the following scenario: You have a SharePoint list that you’ve been using for some time and contains many records. You decide you want to
I’ve put off writing this post for a long time, hoping that the User Profile Synchronization service (aka: FIM Sync) would go away. And it is going away with the eventual retirement of SharePoint 2010 and 2013, but that’s not happening soon enough, and meanwhile we’re still seeing a lot of support cases on it.
As lame as this sounds, there have been a few (rare) situations where trying to do something with a Windows-Claims web application within Central Administration fails with an Access Denied (sorry, this site has not been shared with you) error due to lack of permissions for your Windows Classic authentication account. If you find a
Consider the following scenario: You configure Active Directory Import (ADI) within SharePoint 2013, 2016, or 2019. You make some custom user profile property mappings. You run a Full import. You notice that users have odd values with their SIP Address user profile property. For example: Or maybe it has an “SMTP:” prefix like
Often while troubleshooting authentication or permission problems, you need to see the actual account name for the user or group added to permissions. This is particularly important in SAML / Trusted Provider authentication because the way the claim is being passed in the SAML assertion must match exactly with the way claim has been added
Consider the following scenario: You have your SharePoint servers in the “Contoso.com” domain. You have the peoplepickersettings.searchactivedirectorydomains (SearchADForests) People Picker property configured properly to search trusted forest “fabrikam.net”. You search for a user that exists in the trusted forest and get “No results found” in the People Picker control. If you set your SharePoint logging
Poor people picker performance is usually caused by one of two things: 1. People Picker (hereafter abbreviated as PP) is connecting to a Domain Controller across a slow network link. 2. People Picker is trying to query domains that are not available on the network (usually due to firewall settings). Note: If PP performance is